Why fitness is critical essay – It can be said that sport is in fashion. Currently it has become a common practice among people of different sex, age, nationality, etc. This fashion does nothing more than generate changes in the lives of the people who follow it and that is, physical exercise improves the state of health of individuals, both physical state and mental state.
In this article, from ISAF , our sports training center , we focus on telling you what are the benefits of one of the most practiced variants of sport: fitness.
In general, doing fitness exercises helps to acquire healthy habits (just like any other sport), but it also favors body toning and enhances the silhouette.
4 benefits of fitness
Fitness and health are closely related. His exercises are capable of reducing the possibility of suffering from a multitude of diseases. We tell you what are the main benefits of fitness :
1. Reduce the risks of obesity
Last year it was determined that close to 13% of the population is overweight and that Spain is the second most obese country in Europe. Fitness is a very good practice to reduce these figures since it is capable of moving people away from a sedentary lifestyle and bringing them closer to a healthy routine.
2. Reduce the risk of depression
Physical exercise in all its aspects is a good ‘drug’ to combat depression, anxiety, mourning, apathy, etc. It is a fact that physical activities favor the production of proteins, which are responsible for the repair of neurons, stimulation of endorphins and the regulation of serotonin, among many other things.
3. Reduce the chances of colon cancer
Fitness, together with other healthy habits such as a balanced diet, decreases the chances of suffering from colon cancer because, as we have mentioned before, it helps people to abandon a sedentary lifestyle, improving the functioning of intestinal transit. In addition, people who have a more toned body, specifically the abdomen, have better digestion, something that also reduces the possibility of suffering from this type of disease.
4. Reduce the chances of suffering from osteoporosis
Fitness stimulates the cells of the bone structure, a benefit that prevents the weakening of the bones, considerably reducing the chances of suffering from osteoporosis, a disease related to the decrease in bone mass that increases the risk of suffering from broken bones, especially especially in women from middle age.
How to start a fit lifestyle?
The fitness or fit style refers to a series of daily practices focused on a healthy life in which exercise, diet and a positive attitude are in balance, seeking well-being.
Many may think that it is about eating only salads and performing intense workouts, which is a myth. Well, more than getting a flat abdomen or having a rigorous appointment with the scale, this way of life requires a positive attitude and a lot of discipline.
What is fitness?
Being fit or fitness is not associated with a body type or size, since it can be practiced by men and women, regardless of age. So what defines this lifestyle?
“ Fitness ” in Spanish translates as “good physical condition” or “be in shape”. That is, a state in which our body is at the right weight and in good health, through the practice of some of these habits:
How to have a fit lifestyle?
If what you want is to transform your habits and start living a healthier life, you should consider that everything starts with a change of mentality. Therefore, instead of seeing exercise as tiring or boring, you should think of it as something fun that will help you feel better and fill you with energy.
It is important that you set goals and be realistic with yourself and your body.
Some tips to adopt a fit lifestyle:
- Start little by little with exercises that are right for you. Don’t push yourself to limits that could hurt you.
- Start by changing some bad habits you have, and go one by one. Don’t try to make sudden changes and stop doing it all in one day.
- To stay positive, don’t judge yourself!
- Don’t expect miraculous or immediate results, that could only lead to frustration.
- Take care of your diet.
- It is important to have a proper diet. Consult the best option with a nutritionist or doctor.
- Avoid comparing yourself to other people, be they friends, family, or public figures like influencers. That only affects your self-esteem.
How can I make workout part of my regular routine?
- Intensify your daily activities:Even small changes can help. You can take the stairs instead of using the elevator. Walking to a coworker’s office instead of sending an email. Wash the car yourself. Park your car further from your destination
- Being active with friends and family:Having an exercise buddy can make physical activity more enjoyable for you. Also, you can plan social activities that involve exercise. You may also consider joining a group or class, such as a dance class, hiking club, or volleyball team.
- Track your progress:Tracking your activity or wearing a fitness tracker can help you set goals and stay motivated