why marketing is so important
why marketing is so important – There are countless opinions and theories around the difference between Communication and Marketing, whether they are the same or not. The two generate great controversy to the point that there are different theories. But the truth is that for me, a journalist and a very purist when it comes to terms, I have to say no. Communication and Marketing are not the same and now I will tell you why. These two disciplines complement each other and are equally necessary for your business, but their main objective is completely different. That is why it is important not to put them in the same bag because you can get confused their objectives. And this can lead you to think that the communication or marketing strategies are not working and, therefore, that you decide not to invest more time or money in them.
What is marketing
Marketing is the discipline that is in charge of the relationship of your company with your public or with the market . It has a very clear ultimate goal: to sell more . For this reason, it is in charge of studying and defining 4P calls :
Thus, marketing seeks to obtain a short-term economic benefit from all those actions or strategies that you are going to implement. But there are also other more secondary and equally important objectives. For example: make ourselves known, get more followers to grow our community and, therefore, the number of potential clients, or gain visibility, among others.
As I know that said like that it sounds very abstract, here are some examples of marketing strategies that you can do with your business:
- A campaign with ‘influencers’. When you decide to send your product to an influencer or invite her to try your service, what you are looking for is to make her audience talk about you. This will allow you to spread out to their community and make yourself known. Therefore, it is important that you choose the profiles with which you want to do these actions well in order to obtain good results.
- Raffle or contest on Instagram. In this case, the purpose can be twofold. On the one hand, get more followers and grow our community. And, on the other, have more visibility. In this way, you will get your product or service to reach more people and increase the chances that they will buy or hire you.
- paid advertising. Allocating a portion of your annual budget to advertising on social networks like Instagram is also considered a marketing strategy. Paying for more visibility will bring you more followers and some more purchases.
What is communication
Unlike marketing, the main objective of a message is to connect with your audience. With it, you can transmit your values and brand essence, become a reference, be in the collective imagination of people, consolidate your brand prestige, reach wider spectators… In short, gain credibility.
That is why he remains so important that you know your business well. Also that you know how to find what differentiates your brand from others and makes it unique.
I know that it is not easy and that it requires time and a lot of observation skills. But really, this time for reflection is worth it because once you find your story, the communication will come out on its own. You will notice a change, I assure you.
To start defining your communication strategies and be clear about what to count in them, I propose an exercise. Identify what your story is and how to find it so you can later explain it to your customers and followers.
It is as simple and difficult at the same time as answering the following questions.
- How do you work? Tell yourself what your production process is like, what tools you use and why, what your materials are like, and why you have chosen them…
- From what emotions do you create your product or service? Ask yourself what you feel every time you start to create and what sensations and emotions come to you every time you do it.
- What do you want your customer to feel when they hold your product or use your service? Put yourself in the other’s place and imagine that you are looking at him through a hole when he receives your request. What would you similar to see in it?
Do not do it quickly because it may not come out in the afternoon. Give yourself time to reflect. Let the sensations flow in you and the words will come out on their own. Above all, do not forget to write down everything that comes out and highlight the words that are repeated in your speech. These will be the ones that will mark your story and will be present in your marketing strategies.
What does my business need? A communication plan or a marketing plan?
Are you clear about what your story is and how to tell it? Have you worked on a message that represents you to share with your clients and followers? Do you know what your universe of keywords is? If you have answered yes to all this, then you can start with the marketing plan because you are well connected to the essence of your business.
If you answered no, then you have to start at the base. And communication is the basis you need to be able to truly connect with your audience and make it calmer for you to sell. If you don’t know how to fix it, I can help you with the communication consultancy ‘Find your story’ where I will guide you so that together we can pull the thread of yours and build a unique message for you and your business with which you feel comfortable and represent.
Leave a Reply