Why fitness is not important
Why fitness is not important – Under the meaning of fitness, there are two closely related definitions. First, we understand fitness is the state of physical health and well-being achieved by leading a healthy life supported by continuous exercise over time and a healthy diet. Secondly, fitness also defined as a set of gymnastic movements repeated several times a week to achieve good physical shape. Usually, these exercises carried out in specific sports spaces, such as gyms.
If the athlete maintains a balanced exercise program, the advantages of this discipline are:
- Improvement of aerobic resistance. The series of exercises are carried out several times a week, which is why it increases the development of the cardiorespiratory system and, therefore, resistance.
- It strengthens the internal and external physical condition, which also implies an increase in the self-esteem of the person who practices it.
- Reduces the risk of developing diseases such as obesity or cardiovascular risks, such as high cholesterol, hypertension, etc.
- Avoid stress. The practice of this type of high-impact sports activity helps the athlete to be relaxed and has less risk of suffering anxiety or depression.
How do I distinguish if an activity is considered fitness?
For an activity to fall into the fitness category, it must carried out regularly and be fully linked to a good diet and healthy lifestyle habits. In addition, you must meet several criteria:
- Some of the objectives of this type of training are to improve the resistance and strength of the individual. The sports routine must be carried out at least two or three times a week to achieve this.
- It is essential that the person doing fitness be in the good physical condition and present localized muscular resistance. When the activity practised, the athlete will have to have the necessary resistance to maintain a muscle in tension for a prolonged period or repeat the same series of movements several times.
- Have flexibility. These exercises require a lot of warming up, so the athlete must have flexibility throughout the body.
- Fitness requires that the athlete have a harmonious physical shape and maintain normal fat levels—men, between 18 and 20 per cent, and women, between 22 and 24 per cent.
Fitness vs culturismo
In the United States, it is common for bodybuilding competitions to have a category called fitness. However, although the appearance of fitness has displaced the participation of women in bodybuilding, they are not similar since, in bodybuilding, they compete for aesthetics. In contrast, the participants have to perform a series of exercises in fitness.
Improves mood naturally.
Regular physical activity can relieve stress, anxiety, unhappiness, and anger. Do you know that “good feeling” you get after being physically active? Imagine it as a happy pill with no side effects. Most people feel better over time when the physical activity becomes a regular part of their lives.
It keeps her healthy and in good physical shape.
Without regular activity, the body slowly loses its strength, stamina, and ability to function correctly. It’s like the old saying: “A man doesn’t stop playing because he gets old; he gets old because he stops playing.” Physical exercise increases muscle strength, which, in turn, increases your ability to perform other physical activities.
Help keep the doctor away.
Stand up when you eat that apple a day. Too much sitting than other sedentary activities can increase your risk of heart disease and hit. A study showed that adults who watch more than 4 hours of television daily have an 80% higher risk of demise from cardiovascular disease.
The health benefits of fitness
It can said that sport is in fashion. It has become a common practice among people of different sex, age, nationality, etc. This fashion does nothing more than generate changes in the lives of the people who follow it,; that is, physical exercise improves the state of health of individuals, both physically and mentally.
In this article from ISAF, our sports training centre, we focus on telling you what are the benefits of one of the most practised variants of sport: fitness.
Reduce the risks of obesity
Last year it was determined that close to 13% of the population overweight and that Spain the second most obese country in Europe. Fitness is a perfect practice to reduce these figures since it can move people away from a sedentary lifestyle and bring them closer to a healthy routine.
Reduce the risk of depression
Physical exercise, in all its aspects, is a good ‘drug’ to combat depression, anxiety, mourning, apathy, etc. It is a fact that physical activities favour the production of proteins, which are responsible for the repair of neurons, stimulation of endorphins and the regulation of serotonin, among many other things.
Leave a Reply